Meet JJ Pierce, Real Estate Magnate

HelenPearceIs this the face behind the phone call?

A Facebook friend forwarded a link to a Facebook profile for Helen Pearce that has a number of suspicious similarities to our friend JJ Pierce of Flat Stone Capital. According to her profile, she’s married to Matt Pearce and they live in Celebration, FL.

I think this is JJ. I’m going to see if I can stitch it together here. As I’ve said before, there’s always a chance that I’ve stumbled on the wrong person. But there are a lot of reasons to believe this is the one.

In Faith Properties and Husband Matt

Online complaints about rent-to-buy scams mention In Faith Properties as one of the companies involved in these deals. Marion County Florida small claims court case 07-569-SC names “Matt and Helen (Joanne) Pearce DBA In Faith Properties, Inc.” as defendants. The plaintiff won her house in Silver Springs, FL back from the Pearce’s on Feb 21, 2007. The final judgement is below.
Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 9.50.03 PM

Redfield Holdings and JJ Pearce

We showed in the previous post that Redfield Holdings is owned by “JJ Pearce”. Flat Stone Capital is owned by “JJ Pierce”. Flat Stone Capital’s mailing address is 52 Riley Rd #172, Kissimmee, FL. Osceola County Florida court documents put “Joanne Pearce” at the same address. The Florida DMV lists Helen Joanne Pearce at the same address, but box 231 (same address as Jep Genesis LLC, one of Matt and Helen’s real estate investment companies).

Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 10.02.35 PM
I think it’s safe to say that “JJ Pierce” is the same person as “Joanne Pearce”, who is the same person as “JJ Pearce”.

Connection to Oklahoma

According to their Facebook profiles, Helen and Matt Pearce are both from Chickasha, OK. In this discussion, “Neleha Dun” (remember, “Neleha” is “(a)Helen” backwards) is said to have a law degree from Oklahoma City University and to have attended the University of Central Oklahoma. Helen’s Facebook profile says she went to Oklahoma University, and Matt’s says he went to Oklahoma State.

Helen’s parents still live in Chickasha and she is friends with them on Facebook.

Connection to University of Central Florida

According to Flat Stone Capital’s website, JJ Pierce graduated from “the University of Central Florida, respectively (sic).” Matt’s Facebook profile says he studied at the University of Central Florida.

Matt and Helen’s Fitness Site

Matt and Helen operate a fitness website at www.pearcefitness.com. It features a form to submit prayer requests and another to request a free Bible. Redfield Holding’s website has a similar form for prayer requests and another similar form for a free Bible. It’s great that these websites present opportunities for visitors to share their prayer requests and ask for a free Bible for themselves or a friend, but you have to admit it’s quite unusual for a business site (other than a Bible-related business) to offer such options. The fact that these two unrelated sites feature the same unusual features and are operated by people with the same last name suggests that the people are one and the same.

AOL and Juno Accounts

Several of Helen’s real estate businesses have AOL addresses, and my comments on that are what set JJ off. I commented in my previous post that JJ “must really admire people with Juno accounts” (because Juno has an even worse reputation than AOL when it comes to the sophistication of its users). Ironically, Helen has a Juno account that she hasn’t yet shared with me. I find that hilarious. (I’m sure you luv Matt, too, Helen.)

Personal Details

• The fact that there really is a Helen Pearce in the city where JJ Pearce, JJ Pierce, Joanne Pearce, and Helen Joanne Pearce all operate suggests they are the same person.
  • The fact that Matt and Helen (Joanne) Pearce are connected to a property investment firm (In Faith Properties) that apparently does the same thing Flat Stone Capital does (rents homes that they have to be sued to vacate) suggests that Helen Pearce is JJ Pierce.
  • The fact that neither Matt nor Helen appear to have full-time employment outside the home according to their Facebook profiles suggests that they would have the time to run a business like Flat Stone Capital.
  • Matt’s middle name is Eric. There are mentions in the online discussions of “Joanne” (middle name) mentioning “Eric” (middle name), as an investor.
  • Matt and Helen identify overtly as Christians, just as JJ Pearce does on the Redfield Holdings site, and JJ Pierce did in her emails to me.

Why Am I Doing This?

I personally don’t care if Helen takes advantage of desperate people who are hungry for any offer to sell their house. But as a nice lady at church once told me (that’s a story for another day), “you’ve poked the bear”. I never would’ve bothered to figure all this out if “JJ” hadn’t called me a “fool” then threatened to sue me for “slander”. I think it’s important for people to know who they’re dealing with when they get that anonymous phone call and surprising offer by email. Not everyone has that little red flag that goes up and warns them not to accept. I am that red flag.

Helen’s Champion

MattPearceWe’ll wrap things up with a picture of Matt, Helen’s fitness-obsessed, day-trading, Hummer-driving husband. This doesn’t look like someone you’d want to mess with. Especially if you’ve read his rap sheet, which in addition to issuing fraudulent checks includes child abuse, assault, and felony battery. In particular, I don’t recommend anyone outing his wife for her questionable real estate activities. Oh, wait….

Update: Feb 21, 2014
Helen is an actress according to her IMDB profile. Tip o’ the hat to David in our Canadian research office for this one.
Helen is an author according to this single-entry blog. Tristan turned this one up from our Texas branch.
Update: Feb 26, 2014
Flat Stone Capital is on LinkedIn, but just changed their name from “Flat Stone Capital LLC” to “FS Capital LLC”.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on RedditShare on StumbleUponDigg thisFlattr the authorEmail this to someoneShare on LinkedInPrint this page

13 Responses to “Meet JJ Pierce, Real Estate Magnate”

1. Doug Oelschlaeger says:

Craig. What a hoot. Good to see you are having some fun on the computer. I did see 6 complaints made to the Better Business Bureau against Redfield Holdings LLC at: http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/real-estate-rent-to-own/redfield-holdings-in-kissimmee-fl-90195579/complaints

• Craig says:

My favorite one in that batch is the guy who agreed to remove his BBB complaint because Redfield responded and said they’d send him a check. Then he comes back and says they never paid him. :-)

My hope is that despite all the complaints and despite the implications one can draw from the fact that Helen has to change her identity every few months to escape the negative feedback from her most disappointed customers, that somewhere out there are some happy home sellers for whom this whole process comes off without a hitch. It’s an interesting business model where even if 50% of your subletters never pay the rent and you lose those houses in the process, you’re never really hurt. The home seller takes all the risk and bears all the losses. And I’m not sure if any laws are violated. It’s just a contract where one party fails to uphold their end of the deal and has to walk away.

2. Mitch McElree says:

Craig aka “The Bear”- Hilarious and sickening, all rolled together. JJ and Matt need to do a little jail time. They are con artists and people are getting bilked. I’ll share the site with my friends and associates. It’s good reading and a good lesson too. Thanks for investing the time.

3. New One says:

I have been scammed by redfield holdings llc as well or whoever they really are.I payed the down payment and the monthly payments as promised.She promised me a new contract to start ownership on the home once the down payment was recieved.Then I get an eviction notice for non payment.I called no response then she finally text and says i didnt contact her .If anybody has any info please contact me I am going to court soon and I need all the info I can get on these scammers.They are in alabama scamming now so its getting out of hand and they are everywhere.

• Jim Hill says:

I am planning a lawsuit against Miss Joannes Pierce myself. Her compnay last year was JEP Genesis LLC. They took advantage of my family and owe us 4000.00. This was our deposit which was to be used towards the purchase of the property. She failed to pay the owner his monthly payments and her contract with him became null and void. We are still living in the house with a new lwase agreement with the owner. We contacted Joanne to get our 4000.00 back. She said no problem and said that she transfered it to the owner of the property. This was a lie. He never received any of our money. We called her back and said that the owner and his lawyer were with us and they never received any of our money. She then got very angey with us and hung up. We called her back and she threatened us with harrasing her. We will see what the judge says. We should exchange facts for both of our court cases. Thanks, Jim

• Derek S. says:

I am starting the eviction process on my property. I signed a 12 month agreement with them to lease my home with purchase option. They then turned around and signed tenant to 36 month lease. They have collected 3 months of rent but have paid me nothing.

• another one says:

Did you find her? We just found out we were scammed by Jj pierce and have gotten a lawyer. Of course now she is not returning any phone calls or emails to us or the owners of the home. Any information would be helpful please

• Craig says:

I’ve published three articles here on my blog, including several aliases, her husband’s name, several addresses, case numbers, etc. I can’t imagine what more I could give you. Good luck! :-)

4. Anonymous Lucy says:

I received this EXACT phone call & correspondence from these people, but from a different but similar name. It smelled like a scam from the word GO. I respectfully declined. I was actually offended that they thought I would go for that. Thanks for sharing and great research! Glad the words getting out.

5. Daisy says:

We too received the same phone call and got the offer a few days later. We asked for references and was referred to the website. When I ask for references I meant business associates, financial companies she had done business with. Of course didn’t get what I wanted. Our offer came from fs capital LLC. So happy I found your website. Thank you.

6. anonymous says:

We have also been scammed from so called JJ from redfield holdings for a total of $14,200. The sad thing is that we will find her. And she will be prosecuted and serve her jail time. This woman who has prayers posted on her website is a fool. Working for the devil. God always wins. Didn’t you know that Satan Pearce?

7. Jerry Gantt says:

After I left my business card on her “office” door, a drop box at a UPS store, she closed the box and removed any reference to a physical address from her Redfield Holdings LLC website. Any information on her latest point(s) of contact would be helpful to me and the Kissimmee Police Department.

8. Has anyone called the FBI? says:

I have been waiting for our first month of rent and now I’m really disillusioned. She was super friendly upfront, then very responsive. Now I can’t get in touch with her. This morning we decided to dig deeper and stumbled on your website. The name and address match everything we’ve gotten from her. We had sent a receipt for the $500 deposit and just got it back with a return to sender stamp. Seems to match the trend I’m hearing above. Is there anyone out there who has notified the FBI? JJ and her husband Matt appear to be preying on folks all across the country (our home is not in Florida or Alabama).

They should be stopped for this fraud!

Leave a Response